The World Economic Forum is organizing its 4th and, for the first time, fully virtual ‘Sustainable Development Impact Summit‘ from 21—24 September 2020, that will convene leaders from government, business, international organizations, and civil society along with a diverse group of experts and innovators to initiate, accelerate and scale-up entrepreneurial solutions to tackle climate change and advance sustainable development.
The COVID-19 crisis wreaked havoc on societies and economies and dealt a major setback to achieving the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Climate Agreement. Putting the world back on a path of sustainable, equitable, and inclusive growth will require more than a global recovery; it will require a Great Reset of social and economic systems.
The Sustainable Development Impact Summit is supporting action-oriented multi-stakeholder partnerships which advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Sustainable Development Impact Summit enables the next generation of mission-driven entrepreneurs and young innovators to join forces with a trusted community of leading organisations, to deliver impact at scale.
The content is split across 7 key themes that allow you to explore the diverse topics addressed during the meeting
- How to Save the Planet
- Fairer Economies
- Tech for Good
- Society & Future of Work
- Better Business
- Healthy Futures
- Beyond Geopolitics
Why take part?
- Leaders and innovators: Over 1,000 top executives from business, government, international organizations and civil society, as well as leading experts and innovators
- More than a meeting: A rich programme anchored on impact-oriented, multistakeholder projects emphasizing a diverse and inclusive range of perspectives
- Highly interactive sessions: Designed for maximum participant engagement with multiple time zone options
- Digital networking: Ample opportunities to connect informally on a shared interest or purpose
- Global audience: Amplification of impact stories via more than 20 million social network followers, 15 million monthly website visitors and 60-80 million monthly video views
What is on the agenda?
Who is taking part?
Participation at the Sustainable Development Impact Summit is open to members and constituents of the World Economic Forum, including its New Champions and Digital Members. The summit will emphasize gender, geographic and generational diversity, equity and inclusion through proactively seeking out new voices and perspectives alongside tailored invitations for the following communities:
- Forum Members and Partners – The largest and most influential Partner and Member companies represented by their chief executive officers and chief officers of research and development, strategy, technology and innovation
- Global Innovators and Technology Pioneers – A new generation of innovations and entrepreneurs involved in the development of life-changing technologies with great potential for long-term impact on business and society
- Public Figures – Heads of state and government, heads and senior officials of international organizations, as well as ministers of development, energy and resources, environment, health and other relevant portfolios
- Civil Society and Academic Institutions – Leaders from renowned and innovative non-governmental organizations and leading universities
- Young Global Leaders and Global Shapers – Multistakeholder communities of young leaders providing insight into the priorities and expectations of future generations
- Social Entrepreneurs – Leaders of the most innovative business solutions and partnership models driving social change–Media Leaders – Publishers and editors-in-chief, top economic columnists, and science and technology editors.
How can I contribute?
- Register to the summit. The Sustainable Development Impact Summit will be hosted on the Forum’s digital platform TopLink. Join now via desktop or mobile to register to the meeting, retrieve latest updates, connect with participants and start personalizing your agenda according to interests, expertise and time zone.
- Engage in our initiatives. Explore and start engaging in the projects and initiatives supported by the summit or submit your own project proposal to realize a “Great Reset” for sustainable development.
- Gain contextual insight. Follow tailored Transformation Maps, which offer unique strategic and contextual intelligence on the challenges behind the Great Reset.
- Co-design the programme. The meeting will feature an affiliate programme to support initiatives championed by partners and constituents. Please contact your engagement manager for more information.
- Contribute entrepreneurial solutions. UpLink has begun sourcing entrepreneurial solutions in three distinct areas: the Ocean (SDG 14); COVID-19 (SDG 3) and Nature-based Solutions (SDG 15), and invites you to be part of the ecosystem supporting innovative solutions as it grows in alignment with all 17 SDGs.
For further information visit this LINK.