The UNESCO Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSA) will host a Policy Dialogue on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in Southern Africa from 11-12 May 2021.
The dialogue will gather policy makers, senior education actors and teacher educators from nine countries (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe) that are fully involved in the Sustainability Starts with Teachers programme.
The purpose is to engage policy actors and educational leaders on ESD activities as a way of advocating for ESD integration into policies and leadership activities in teacher/TVET education. Additional three countries which have joined the programme in 2021 including, Eswatini, Malawi and Tanzania are invited to join the discussion as observers.
The specific objectives of the policy dialogue are to:
- Share the achievements of the SST programme in the six countries;
- Showcase selected change project initiatives and their impact on teacher/TVET education policies;
- Launch and present the interactive alumni website and the regional course of the SST;
- Showcase ESD in policies in Southern Africa;
- Engage with policy makers and education practitioners on ESD;
- Share ideas on using data and information collected from the SST programme for national reporting on SDG 4.7;
- Highlight the synergies between the SST programme and other ESD for 2030 country initiatives.
Register here to participate in the webinar.