Lever for Change, an affiliate of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and ICONIQ Impact, ICONIQ Capital’s platform for collective, collaborative philanthropy, announced the launch of the “Larsen Lam ICONIQ Impact Award“, a global competition for a US $12 million grant to create a durable future for refugees.
The grant will secure a durable future for refugees and improves their well-being across one or more of three main areas: (1) repatriation, helping refugees return to their former country of nationality in safety and dignity; (2) local settlement and integration of refugees in host countries; and (3) resettlement of refugees in a third country i.e. beyond the country of asylum.
This Award is being sponsored by ICONIQ Capital clients Lyna Lam and Chris Larsen. It is the first in a series of expected grant competitions facilitated by Lever for Change’s partnership with ICONIQ Impact.
The partnership between ICONIQ Impact and Lever for Change helps ICONIQ clients identify philanthropic opportunities and support social impact at scale through rigorously evaluated proposals that address social issues of their choice.
In addition to the US $10 million provided by the Larsen-Lam family, US $2 million has been contributed by an anonymous donor family from the ICONIQ network. Top applicants and finalists may also be eligible to receive operational support from Rippleworks, a nonprofit social venture. Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects to accelerate the scale of the world’s most promising social ventures, with the projects led by Rippleworks staff and volunteer startup executives from leading tech companies (including AirBnB, Netflix, Google).
They are seeking long-term, scale-ready, and evidence-based solutions that secure a durable future for refugees. The strongest solutions will improve the well-being of refugees across one or more of the following areas:
- Repatriation, helping refugees return to their former country of nationality in safety and dignity;
- Local settlement and integration of refugees in host countries; and
- Resettlement of refugees in a third country i.e. beyond the country of asylum.
A strong solution will include:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- A powerful, scalable, and innovative strategy that strengthens existing efforts and will result in transformational, long-term change.
- Authentic stakeholder relationships and a collaborative approach that engages refugee community members.
- Robust evidence and understanding of the landscape to create lasting change and serve as a model for other communities.
- An impressive team comprised of seasoned experts well-positioned to effectively and efficiently execute an innovative approach to produce deep, lasting impact.
Eligible lead applicants include:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations;
- Entities organized under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction which has received a tax determination letter from the IRS or has been determined to be the equivalent of a section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) entity by NGO Source for which an equivalency determination has not expired;
- Entities recognized under the law of the applicable jurisdiction as a non-governmental organization, an educational organization, a charitable organization, a social welfare organization, a not-for-profit organization, or similar-type entity that is not a for-profit organization or government agency;
- While individuals, for-profit entities, and government agencies are not eligible to apply, these entities may be members of the applicant team led by an eligible lead organization.
Applicants must first assess their fit and eligibility for the Larsen Lam ICONIQ Impact Award, and then register no later than Tuesday, May 5, 2020, at 3:00 PM Pacific.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For further information, visit this link.