Through the Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOPs), Canada will launch a call for project concepts with funding up to $1 million to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit and intersex policies domestically and abroad.
Upcoming Call for Proposals:
- To promote LGBTQ2 and intersex rights during violent conflict
- Funding: approximately $1 million
- Description: Through the Peace and Stabilization Operations Program, Canada will launch a call for project concepts with funding to up to a million dollars to address LGBTQ2 and intersex rights during violent conflict. This historic announcement’s aims are to protect LGBTQ2 and intersex people during conflict; to involve them in responses to conflict and stabilization; and to stabilize post-conflict societies while advancing the rights of the communities.
- Justice for Victims of Gender-based Violence in Honduras
- Implementing partner: Justice Education Society of British Columbia
- Funding (2017 to 2023): approximately $1 million
- Description: This project aims to strengthen the justice system’s response to high rates of gender-based crimes in Honduras, including femicides and crimes against LGBTQ2 and intersex persons, in eight departments in the country with the highest reported incidence of these offences. The goal is to improve investigations and enhance the prosecution of gender-based crimes through better preparation and argumentation of legal cases and support to and protection of victims.
To deliver on this commitment, Global Affairs Canada will undertake:
- Targeted, proactive outreach and meaningful engagement with LGBTQ2 and intersex persons and their representative organizations to support their participation in policy dialogue that will inform programming priorities, such as Canada’s new partnership to fund gender equality and empower women and girls, as well as ensure they have equal access to funding in future calls for proposals;
- Development and delivery of LGBTQ2 and intesex inclusive development training for Global Affairs Canada staff to build internal capacity; enhanced collection and use of disaggregated data to help expand the evidence base on the realities faced by LGBTQ2 and intersex persons in developing countries; and
- Introduction of an internal LGBTQ2 and intersex policy marker to track international assistance programming in this area.
Canada will update its Guidelines on Supporting Human Rights Defenders, also known as Voices at Risk, with specific guidance for Canada’s diplomatic missions abroad on supporting defenders of LGBTQ2 and intersex human rights. These guidelines better equip Canada’s heads of mission and their teams by providing practical advice on effective support to activists and others engaged in defending human rights in challenging contexts around the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
About Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOPs)
Global Affairs Canada’s Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOPs) enables the Government of Canada to take rapid and coordinated action to prevent and respond to emerging and ongoing instances of violent conflict and state fragility.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
PSOPs’ core responsibilities are: Providing policy leadership on peace and stabilization operations; Delivering conflict prevention, stabilization and peacebuilding initiatives in fragile and conflict-affected states.
When violent conflict and state fragility are left unchecked, the risk to international peace and security are great since such crises, which begin in one region, can quickly impact people living in another. The causes of violent conflict and state fragility are numerous and interconnected.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Preventing and responding to such complex and dynamic issues requires a timely and coordinated effort from multiple Government of Canada departments such as Global Affairs Canada, the Department of National Defence, Public Safety Canada, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
PSOPs’ policies and programming seeks to engage women and girls, as well as men and boys, as agents of change in peace and security efforts since supporting gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls is the best way to build a more peaceful, inclusive and prosperous world.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
This gender responsive approach makes PSOPs an important tool in the Government of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy and its Feminist Foreign Policy. It also makes PSOPs one of the tools through which Canada is implementing its National Action Plan 2017-2022 as part of its commitment to advancing the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda and its strong focus on gender equality as a foundation for peace.
Additionally, Canada has committed to a number of respected international frameworks in order to help local populations forge pathways out of fragility and conflict and towards lasting peace and security. PSOPs’ efforts contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals, which commits all countries to work toward a peaceful and resilient world through inclusive and shared prosperity and respect for human rights.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Specifically, PSOPs contributes to SDG 16 to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels. Further, PSOPs aligns with The New Deal for Engagement in Fragile States.