The Azim Premji University has announced a new course, “Exploring Sustainability in the Indian Context“, for the April 2022 Batch.
This interdisciplinary, multi-instructor course provides an introduction to sustainability within the context of development in India. Participants in this fully online course are expected to watch video lectures, join interactive video-discussions with faculty, and participate in discussion forums. Those who complete all activities and tests and submit assignments will get a Certificate of Participation from Azim Premji University.
This course is designed for those seeking an integrated and multi-disciplinary understanding of sustainability both in theory and practice. It is ideal for students curious about sustainability as well as development practitioners interested in deepening their understanding.
What you will learn
- Understand what sustainability is in an Indian context
- Appreciate different social and ecological aspects of sustainability
- Interpret real-world issues such as population, food and climate change through the lens of sustainability
- Discover how our imagination of nature, culture, markets and the state influences sustainability action
- Explore different types of action at individual, community and government levels
- Time commitment of 4-5 hours a week
- Video lectures with linked activities
- Discussion forum
Weekly live interaction with faculty
- Two quizzes
- Two surveys (self assessment)
- Rs.1180, inclusive of taxes
- Fee waivers available for deserving candidates
- Framing Sustainability
- Population and Sustainability
- Food and Sustainability
- Climate Change
- Situating Sustainability
- Sustainability Action and You
Certificate of Participation
- Will be issued to participants who complete requirements.
- No marks or grade will be mentioned.
*Participants can access course materials through any web browser or Android OS mobile phone. Login credentials will be provided upon registration