Do you want to learn the basics and the essentials about human rights due diligence? Whether you are just starting off or you want to take the next steps in your work, this is the course for you!
In this highly interactive one-day virtual training they will walk you through what you need to know about human rights due diligence – in other words, all you need to know to get started and advance in your human rights due diligence work.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
During the course:
- Learn about what human rights due diligence is, what it entails and the necessary components, taking the starting point in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Learn about good practice and how companies have dealt with challenges
- Practically try out the first steps of a human rights due diligence – namely to identify human rights impacts and analyse risks from an external objective human rights perspective
- Elaborate on ideas for how to begin, or advance the human rights due diligence journey inside a company
- Engage and socialize with other participants in the course – through a variety of virtual socialisation opportunities and break-out group exercises
Cost: 400 Euro excl. VAT
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Who is this for?:
- Companies: Decision makers or experts in sustainability department, compliance or legal function, supply chain management, risk or audit functions, business planning experts, health and safety experts, community / environmental managers, sales managers, human resources
- Civil society / NGOs
- Consumer organisations
- Government / municipalities
- Public procurement
Human rights due diligence is the engine in a company’s work to respect human rights. For human rights due diligence to be successful, it needs to be integrated with internal processes and functions. The right people internally need to be convinced, motivated and capacitated. But human rights due diligence also has to respond to external expectations – in other words, demonstrate results. A process that does not manage the actual human rights impacts on people will not be seen as successful in the eyes of an ethical investor, a NGO or a committed buyer. The process needs to enable the right responses – preventing harm before it happens, and addressing harm where it has taken place. During this course, we will look at success factors from the internal and external perspective.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
For further information, visit this Link.