The British Embassy San Jose is accepting project proposals from institutions and organisations working in the areas of prevention and response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Costa Rica and/or Nicaragua.
Project and activity proposals should have sustainable outcomes that clearly identify the change they expect to deliver. Bids should also highlight how they complement work being done at the national level to address the impact of the pandemic.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Projects are expected to have a duration of no more than 8 months and to be completed before the end of March 2021, with no expectation of continued funding beyond this period. Activities are one-off interventions that take place at a specific time before the end of March 2021. The maximum funding for projects and activities is US$20,000.
They are particularly interested in short-term projects and one-off activities that aim to deliver concrete and measurable outcomes in the following areas:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Preventing the spread and mitigating the impacts of COVID-19
- Supporting the socio-economic development of groups most affected by the pandemic, such as women, children, migrants and people with disabilities
- Tackling misinformation around COVID-19
- Contributing to the global health response, including supporting science-based innovation and the search for new treatments
They are interested in receiving a range of proposals that fit these objectives. However, we are unable to support proposals that include:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- procurement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), oxygen-related equipment (e.g. ventilators and respirators), diagnostic tests/materials and COVID-19-related medicines
- purchase of IT and other equipment
direct cash transfers to vulnerable individuals or families
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Alignment with the above mentioned priorities
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures, as well as risk and financial accountability procedures
- Evidence of sustainability – demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
the organisation’s safeguarding policies ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Feasibility of project delivery under current circumstances
- Administration costs for delivering a project should not exceed 10% of the total project budget
overall value for money
- All projects are expected to have achieved 85% spend by end December 2020
The UK Government recognizes that the world is facing its largest public health emergency in a generation. Challenges of this nature require a collaborative and coordinated response. The British Embassy in San Jose is committed to working with interested government agencies, civil society organisations, research-based institutions and multilateral partners to support this global effort.
For further information, visit this link.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.