Rise Against Hunger is set to launch its next application period from August 1 till September 30, 2020 for nonprofits around the world, to provide food and other life-changing aid to those in need.
These partners support a variety of development programs that work with members of the community to meet their basic needs and create long-term, sustainable change. Potential partnerships are evaluated by the level of need within the community, the sustainability of the organization’s program, its ability to import and manage in-country distribution of food assistance, as well as conduct monitoring and evaluation on the use and impact of Rise Against Hunger meals within their program.
PROSPECTIVE AID PARTNERS
Rise Against Hunger welcomes partnership applications from nongovernmental organizations, nonprofit organizations or community associations interested in working with us to provide food and other assistance through ongoing developmental programs and crisis response programs.
What types of support does Rise Against Hunger provide to its partners?
- Food assistance – Vitamin-fortified rice-soy casseroles, packaged by volunteers and typically shipped in 40-foot containers (285,120 meal servings).
- Grants to partners for programs that will support the achievement of one or more of the following impacts:
- Vulnerable populations have the capacity to be food secure
- Food systems are equitable and resilient
- An enabling policy environment promotes food security
- Humanitarian relief during/after sudden and slow onset disasters and protracted crises
- Reducing disaster risk
- Technical assistance in the following areas: sustainable agriculture and livelihoods, emergency response and humanitarian aid, behavior change in schools, gender and monitoring and evaluation
- Other product donations (subject to availability) include: medicine, medical supplies, soap, water filters and feminine hygiene products
What are the responsibilities of Rise Against Hunger’s partners?
- Pay for shipping from the Rise Against Hunger warehouse to the partner’s program implementation areas
- Successfully receive and clear ocean freight shipments through customs
- Have complete, documented oversight of all Rise Against Hunger meal distributions
- Implement programming that leverages further development through education, medical care and other development programs
- Store the meals in a secure, contaminant-free location
- Be able to apply minimum standards in monitoring and reporting and be able to clearly articulate beneficiary targeting criteria
- Satisfy the reporting guidelines stipulated in the Cooperative Partnership Agreement
At Rise Against Hunger, they believe healthy, educated communities are the key to ending world hunger. They invest their food and other aid in programs that teach children and adults, or that provide health care and other services. These programs promote well-being and equip participants with the skills and knowledge to become active participants in the workforce and in their communities.
Rise Against Hunger also works to support those who suffer through crises of all types, natural or man-made. We welcome applications from organizations that are able to react quickly and effectively in crisis situations. They distributes more than 90 percent of meals packaged annually to partner organizations worldwide who operate ongoing education, health and empowerment programs. Rise Against Hunger places a strong focus on maternal and early childhood health and development, education and vocational training.
If you have any further questions regarding the opportunity, visit the prospective FAQ Section.
If you want to know more about Organisation’s movement to end hunger, visit the prospective FAQ section.
For more information, visit this Link.