ygap has launched its accelerator program to provide support and guidance to South African entrepreneurs with solutions to local problems in some of the world’s toughest communities.
ygap exists to support and grow early-stage social impact ventures to help them refine their business and impact models. The program will consist of a five-day live-in accelerator followed by three to six months of tailored support. The application process is highly competitive, and only the best applicants will proceed to the interview stage.
There are three stages of accelerator program:
- The startups we select go through a one week live-in accelerator where their business models are strengthened and they are equipped with the tools they need to turn their startups into viable ventures.
- After the accelerator we provide strategy and business mentorship, marketing support, legal and accounting help and access to small grants.
- The most impactful ygap entrepreneurs will move into growth, where they access larger support and funding to grow their ventures.
The program is looking for:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Entrepreneur: We believe the best solutions to poverty are entrepreneurial, so we focus on early stage ventures that exist to improve access to education or healthcare, create jobs or build safer homes.
- Local: You’re a local of the area who intimately understands the problems that you are trying to solve.
- Early Stage: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 10 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
- Ventures that are improving lives: At the end of the day, we exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty. If you believe your venture is improving the lives of people living in poverty, we encourage you to apply.
If you’re a founder of an early stage venture aimed at improving the lives of people living in tough conditions , they want to hear from you! If you don’t hit all of these criteria perfectly, they still encourage you to apply as you may still be considered!
Applications are closing at the end of February 2020.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.