ITU Digital World 2020 is going online with a three-day programme of virtual exhibitions and debates at the very highest level, taking place from 20 to 22 October 2020.
On the theme, “Building the digital world. Together.”, the event will be a dynamic virtual experience exploring the comprehensive digital transformation in the region and globally, focusing on crucial issues relating to the development of the digital economy, today and tomorrow.
The online event is Co-organized by the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) of Viet Nam and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
This exciting programme will set the framework for their next physical event, ITU Digital World 2021, taking place in Ha Noi, Viet Nam, in Q4 2021.
The event will open with a special virtual ceremony in the presence of H.E Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister, Viet Nam. This ceremony will be streamed via webcast. Highlights will include:
- Ministerial Roundtables
- Join the Prime Minister of Viet Nam along with ministers from around the world, regulators and top-level representatives from key industry players as they debate “The role of digital technologies during and after the COVID-19 pandemic” – and explore the importance of digital connectivity in national strategies for economic recovery.
- Key discussion areas include the policy changes that have or are being pursued as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic; if and how national digital strategies need to be adapted going forward as a result of the pandemic; how the pandemic has transformed regulatory priorities or business opportunities; and company priorities to help accelerate economic recovery.
- Forum sessions
- Convening industry experts from across the digital ecosystem, forum webinars will focus on the policies, technologies and trends driving the digital economy in sessions on Bridging the broadband gap: stimulating public and private sectors to connect the unconnected;
- Entering the 5G era: demand, deployment, and disquiet; and Cybersecurity and privacy solutions: safeguarding our digital world.
- Expert insights
- Ministerial Roundtable and Forum webinar sessions will feature top-name speakers from across governments and industries including: H.E. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister, Viet Nam; Iyad Al-Khatib, Minister, Ministry of communication and technology, Syria; Isa Ali Ibrahim, Minister, Ministry of Communications & Digital Economy, Nigeria; Mercedes Aramendia, President, Unidad Reguladora de Servicios de Comunicaciones (URSEC), Uruguay; Jay Carney, Senior Vice President, Global Corporate Affairs, Amazon Web Services; Patricia Cooper, Vice President, Satellite Government Affairs SpaceX; Julie Garcia Welch, Vice President, Government Affairs & Public Policy, Asia Pacific, Qualcomm; Eugene Kaspersky, CEO, Kaspersky Lab; Nguyen Manh Hung, Minister, Ministry of Information and Communications, Viet Nam; Paola Vega Castillo, Minister, Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología y Telecomunicaciones, Costa Rica; Chris Wellise, Chief Sustainability Officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise; Wojciech Wiewiórowski, European Data Protection Supervisor and more.
A global online tech exhibition including virtual national pavilions showcasing innovations from Cuba, Cambodia, Finland, Japan, South Africa and Zambia amongst others, key ICT players and high-growth tech SMEs.
Hurry up to get your ITU Virtual Pass to the event. For registration, please visit this link