ADBI is proposing a virtual conference from 12 – 14 August 2020 that will feature research that examines impediments to low-carbon finance such as the lack of unified criteria for investment that advances climate-related SDGs and limited understanding of the fundamentals of low-carbon finance.
The conference will also address common questions about low-carbon finance, including the difference between green and traditional bonds, the extent to which green bond issuance reduces emissions, and policies needed to encourage investment that promotes climate-related SDGs.
- Explore the role of low-carbon finance and investment in promoting climate-related SDGs;
- Assess challenges to low-carbon finance growth and policies for addressing them.
- Policy makers, think tank researchers, academics, and post-graduate students.
- Enhanced understanding of low-carbon finance and its importance for promoting climate-related SDGs;
- Improved policy dialogue and research on related issues;
- Papers featured during the virtual conference will be considered for publication in a special issue of the journal Finance Research;
- Letters on low-carbon finance and the SDGs.
For further information, visit this Link.