The third annual MEST Africa Challenge run by pan-African training programme, seed fund, incubator and hub the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) has been launched aimed at post-revenue, tech-enabled startups that want to expand into new markets.
The challenge will award winners US$50,000 in equity investment from the Meltwater Foundation. It is the African tech startup pitch competition for early-stage companies based in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, Senegal, Ethiopia or Tanzania.
The top 10 startups will pitch at MEST Incubator locations or local partners offices on the following dates (exact dates subject to change if the Challenge moves to online):
- Lagos, Nigeria: Friday, May 1st
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Monday, May 4th
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Friday, May 8th
- Accra, Ghana: Monday, May 11th
- Nairobi, Kenya: Monday, May 11th
- Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire: Tuesday, May 12th
- Kigali, Rwanda: Thursday, May 14th
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: Monday, May 18th
- Dakar, Senegal: Friday, May 22nd
Semi-final competitions will take place in all those markets, with finalists competing at the MEST Africa Summit on June 15 in Accra, Ghana. Applications for this year’s challenge are open until April 18, 2020 with pre-seed or seed-stage startups that are currently generating revenue and can demonstrate traction in one or more of the nine relevant markets invited to apply.
For further information, visit this Link.